For my second week of healthy Easter exploring I made something that can be enjoyed by both young and old. A healthified (yet still amazingly tasty) chocolate mousse. Keeping in the tradition of ‘lots of chocolate’ at Easter, this dessert will satisfy any chocolate lovers needs while delivering a healthy dose of good fats and antioxidants, as well as delivering on the goods to the tastebuds.
Simple and quick to whip up, it uses avocado for that creamy mousse texture , making the mousse the perfect dairy free option. And before you say anything or the kids start complaining, no you can not tell there is avocado in the mousse. Believe me I eat this often and I normally have a big dislike for avocado.
Served in egg cups for the small ones and slightly bigger glassware for the adults. You’ll find that you won’t need large servings of this rich dessert for completely satisfying the sweet tooth.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3tbsp-1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor and enjoy.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt, berries or nuts.
- Last in the fridge for a couple of days or you can freeze it to make it like a nice cream.
- If the blender needs a little help with blending the frozen bananas add a little bit of almond milk, coconut milk or water.
- The bananas don’t have to be frozen but they add a thickness to the mousse. You can omit the bananas completely and add a bit more sweetner of choice.
- A twist on the classic mousse, try adding the zest and juice of half an orange for a chocolate orange mousse and serve with orange slices.
This is a recipe I’ve put together myself after so many attempts at getting it just right. There are other variations of avo-mousse out there that work just as well but this recipe of my own is my fave for whipping up a quick, tasty and healthy dessert.
3 thoughts on “Easter Special Week 2:”
I would love these as a little treat on Easter Sunday, simple and yummy. Thanks for sharing, Chloe.
Hi Chloe Glad to hear that 🙂 enjoy 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person