It’s the Easter weekend in a week so here is another Easter treat that is super simple to make 🙂
I have made a treat that is a twist on the traditional Hot Cross Bun. ‘Hot Cross Bun Truffles’ perfect for the hot cross bun AND chocolate lover.
Using dark chocolate, these are the perfect treat if your craving chocolate during the Easter celebrations but don’t want to feel the guilt that often comes with overindulging on sickly sweet foods at this time of year.
It was so hard to stop at just one truffle and they make the perfect treat to share as they are easy to plate up and take along to any Easter celebrations and will be a hit with everyone.
The recipe is for only a small amount so I recommend doubling or even tripling the ingredients as the truffles won’t last long. It’s also easier to blend up the ingredients if you have larger quantities as I found making the cashew paste was hard with such a small amount. The recipe calls for dried blueberries or raisins which would taste awesome but I have a preference for sultanas so subbed them in instead.
Super simple ingredients and recipe. They keep well in the fridge for about a week or if you make a large batch and don’t want them eaten right away they can be stored in the freezer.
Hot Cross Bun Truffles
- 50g dark chocolate, melted (I prefer Lindt 70% dark but if you can handle darker then go 85% or higher as this will make the truffles even better for you)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 50g raw cashews, blended into a paste (save 5g for the crosses)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Punch ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- Just blend all the ingredients together, minus the sultanas. You should get a dough like mixture.
- Mix through the sultanas.
- Roll the mixture into balls using your hands.
- Using the remaining cashew psteto create the crosses.
- ENJOY 🙂
*Recipe Tested from the Wholesome Cook Blog*